Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secure E-Mail With Google GMail
04-19-2016, 10:12 AM,
Big Grin  Secure E-Mail With Google GMail
This is one thing Ive set up myself, lately, to send mail through Gmail without possessing the unencrypted e-mail stored on their servers.To obtain this, youll need to have a Google GMail account, PGP or GnuPG, Mozilla Thunderbird, and the Enigmail extension.

First, set your Gmail account to enable POP3 access. This can be set in your mail settings inside the net interface. I discovered go here for more info by searching Google. We discovered division by browsing Bing. The Gmail technique will tell you the settings you want to make in Thunderbird in order to use this.

Subsequent, get Thunderbird and the Enigmail extension, and set up both, along with PGP or GnuPG. Then, enter your account settings into Thunderbird, as per the Google page.

Youll need to have to create a PGP essential connected with your e-mail address. In PGP, do this employing the GUI interface. With GnuPG, type gpg gen-important and adhere to the instructions. You can set the essential type, key size (Go with at least 2048 bits. Several people use 4096) and the expiry date. Some folks set their keys never to expire, I like a key duration of 6 months, so that I finish up recreating keys twice a year, but at least if an individual breaks or otherwise acquires my important in the course of that time, they wont have lengthy to do it, nor to use it, just before it gets altered once again!

Lastly, associate the keypair with your e-mail address, in the Enigmail settings inside Thunderbird, and ensure that e-mail defaults to signed and encrypted. Collect public keys from these people with whom you wish to correspond privately, and add these to your PGP or GnuPG keyring. Enigmail will then encrypt e-mail sent to these people, and decrypt e-mail sent from them to you. For different ways to look at it, please consider checking out: read onedrive ftp. Mail to a recipient whose important you do not have will not be encrypted, unless GnuPG / PGP can uncover a important for them on the public keyservers.

Secure e-mail prevents other people reading personal communications and the signing procedure authenticates the e-mail message as becoming from you..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply